Trip Of A Lifetime

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

What on Earth do I write???

I sit here, in front of my computer, and think about all of the things that I'd like to say. Then I type some words, read them and then delete them. It's hard to know what to write. I guess I'm looking for some advise here. Do I just write what I want without considering my potential audience? And if I do this, to what degree do I consider them?

For today I think I'll just do a basic rundown of life over the past couple of days, as that seems like good practise for our holiday.

On the weekend we had two delicious meals with two lovely groups of people. A big, big thanks to those who cooked for us. The weekend was also a cleaning and packing day as we get ready for our house-sitters to move in. They will be living with us for about a month before we leave so we must make room so that they don't have to pitch a tent in the backyard, which could be doubly difficult as I don't think either one of us has a tent.

Yesterday was a work day with a twist. We all went to a conference centre and there were no students. Not much of a twist, but it certainly made a big difference. The content of the day was stimulating, although some people could have taken things a little more seriously. I guess though the important question about any conference is really in relation to the quality of the food. I can honestly say that morning tea was quite nice but lunch was soggy and there wasn't enough of it, especially due to there being no afternoon tea. There now, I've said it.

Today I am onto the cleaning thing again. Well, I will be onto it once I've finished on the Internet... and I might make a quick stop at DFO... and there is a grocery shop that must be done before tomorrow... and with the weather being what it is maybe I should prune the roses... and the Melbourne Cup is on this afternoon...

2 Comments:

  • You're doing well, Noshie.

    Don't worry, you'll have heaps to write about once you get going. I have copies of email I sent while Logan and I were in Europe and it's a nice way to remember what you were doing and even where you were when you wrote the stuff.

    But I should get back to my own blogging.

    See you tonight.

    By Blogger Riss, at 6:38 am  

  • I'm looking forward to reading your posts on this blog.

    But I should get back to my own bed.

    By Blogger BEVIS, at 2:41 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home