Trip Of A Lifetime

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

The Countdown Has Started

For those of you who know us, you will be aware that Adie has been counting down for the past twelve months or so. You may also have noticed that I have not been doing the same.

This is all about to change. We have only 20 days before we leave and I am starting to feel the anxiety and excitement that comes with that knowledge.

I think I was waiting for our Xmas/Going Away party before I would allow myself to actually think about all of the packing and shopping that still needs to be done. That's without actually thinking too much about Christmas.

Well, the party came... was fantastic fun... and then finished. Adie cleaned up and now I have to clean the bathroom, work out what to take OS, clean the kitchen, clean up my crap at work, clean the rest of the house.....

On the bright side, I know myself pretty well and as a result I know that everything will happen. The bags will be packed, the house will be cleaned, goodbyes will be weeped through and Adie and I will have the most exhilarating and wonderful time over the next 12 months. *Exhales a big sigh*

Let's hope that we don't do what my dad did last week and turn up 24 hours late for the plane. *Furiously knocking on wood* Hehehe, my dad's funny.

5 Comments:

  • Hahaha. Yes your dad is very funny. See I said I'd keep track and I am. :) Well that might be mainly 'coz of boredom. :P Nah. I like checking up. Just got back from schoolies not long ago. BEST TIME EVER!!! I miss it!! I got a tattoo! :) It's an ankh. I'm sure everything will be packed and you'll be ready to go with days to spare. Missing you mrs! Have tons of fun. :D

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:07 am  

  • Bojo... does your mum know about the tatt? I bet I can imagine her face when (if) she found out.

    By Blogger noshie, at 5:25 am  

  • You will have a great time and we will miss you!!

    Don't worry about all the cleaning up around the house ... I'm sure your housesitters will be happy to do it all for you. :)

    By Blogger BEVIS, at 11:28 am  

  • I am very much looking forward to reading about your adventures. I'm sure that Adie won't let you get there late to check in so there is no way you will miss your flight. Make sure you have a couple of water bottles on hand in the cabin (we got through a couple of litres between here and Singapore last time) and I do recommend sleeping pills if you think you can take them. Next long-haul flight we have to go on I am definitely going to ask the doctor for a prescription so that I don't keep waking up every hour to see how close we are to landing.

    Take care of yourselves and we'll see you before you know it.

    Love and hugs and stuff...

    By Blogger Riss, at 9:22 am  

  • MY GOD, YOU GUYS DON'T HANG AROUND...VERY IMPRESSED WITH THE DETAIL, AND GREAT PICS... FEEL LIKE I'M RELIVING MY TRIP AWAY BACK WHEN I WAS YOUNG.... KEEP HAVING FUN, REGARDS ANDREW - CHIRO

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:41 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home