Trip Of A Lifetime

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

We Eat Ham And Jam And SPAMALOT!

Yesterday, after standing in a cue for three hours to apply for my Chinese visa, I went to see Monty Python's Spamalot. What a funny show!

Despite having crap seats (because I'm a tightarse who doesn't like to spend more than £20 on my theatre tickets) I thoroughly enjoyed this show and even found myself singing along to the encore.

If you like Monty Python and you get the chance to see this musical... go! I was doubly happy because the lead performer was Tim Curry. Man, was I excited when he walked onstage. I almost bounced out of my chair, over the balcony railing and four stories down into his lap.

This show had everything... singing, dancing, comedy, frenchmen, fish. It was better than I expected and I'm so glad I decided to go.

4 Comments:

  • Aah, yes. 'Spamalot' was moving theatres when we were there, I think, so it wasn't on, unfortunately. I'll just have to wait until either it gets over here or hope that it's still running the next time we're in London (in, like, two or three years time). No sure that either of those are going to happen!

    So hot over here - 30 degrees for the last three days. Bushfires all over. Not so much of a blustery North wind this morning so it's at least nicer than yesterday. (We were going to get evap cooling for the house this year but we had the trip instead. D'oh!)

    I've got your arrival date marked on the calendar and it gets closer every day!!! :)

    By Blogger Riss, at 10:35 pm  

  • I want to see it. Can you arrange something for me, Noshie??

    :)

    By Blogger BEVIS, at 8:22 am  

  • I'll keep telling them to bring it to Australia. I don't think they're listening to me at the moment though, they're enjoying the success they're having o the West End too much!

    By Blogger noshie, at 8:51 am  

  • ohh the memories =)

    seems youre having a rockin time guys, live it up!

    hope alls ace in this week's part of the world!
    from a long estranged lyndallian
    Caleb =)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:13 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home