Trip Of A Lifetime

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Adie Update

It has been brought to my attention that I have a habit of prattling on about myself and neglecting to fill people in on what's happening in the world of my other half. So it's time for me to make a quick ammends.

First, Adie is currently working for the London Transport Museum. He goes to a venue for the day where they provide him with a space and with lunch and he speaks to ten grade 6s at a time about how to catch public transport in London. Funny! He talks about safety and stuff and he genuinely loves it. It doesn't look like it will last beyond Easter, because they just don't have enough booking, so he's making the mostof it before he has to go back into the classroom.

Next, two weekends ago Adie was sick. I mean REALLY sick. He couldn't keep anything inside of him and I started to worry about how I was going to help him when I haven't been onto National Health yet, have no car and no idea where the nearest doctor let alone hospital is. Luckily the chemist was a very understanding and kind man who, after making sure thatAdie hadn't just gotten himself plastered the night before, gave me some magic pills and directions to the local emergency room. Adie is all better now and he's even eating dairy again! There is one little restaurant around the corner, however that will no longer be getting our business. (It should be noted that the restaurant was definitely not responsible, as Chip ate an identical meal, but it will forever be associated with that night in the bathroom.

In a general sense, everything else in Adie's life seems to be running smoothly. He works Mon-Fri. He's being dragged to theatre on a very frequent basis. He organises excursions for the weekends so that we never feel as though we're not making the most of our trip. (Last weekend we went to the Covent Garden Market, which was freezing!!! Will have to go back when there is more sun and less wind. Not this but next weekend we're going to Belgium because I feel like chocolate and Adie loves me!) He's meeting interesting and fun people for work. He gets to come home to me. What more could he possibly want from life.

Should you have any other questions about my husband, feel free to ask. I think I've covered most of it though.

3 Comments:

  • Ahh, who cares about Adie. Tell us more about you, Noshie!









    :)

    I'm kidding; I love you guys.

    By Blogger BEVIS, at 6:10 am  

  • it's good to hear about the old boy... i miss him over here and it's nice to know that he's travelling along with a smile on his face... even if that smile slips a bit when he's staring at a toilet bowl throwing up!

    Adam

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:33 pm  

  • Adie is very good at answering his emails on a regular basis. Drop him a line. I know he'd like to hear what's going on at home.
    Noshie

    By Blogger noshie, at 11:18 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home