Trip Of A Lifetime

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Anyone For A Gondola Ride?






So here's about half of the photos I want to show of Venice. The computer still isn't quite playing ball. That last photo was taken in some swish cafe in the main square (names elude me right now). He came up behind me and started playing into my ear so had to play up to it. People who don't really know me giggle when I'm me. Odd.

While we expected to find Venice interesting, I don't think that we realised just how enchanting a place it really is. All of those waterways and old buildings really give it a charm that you won't find anywhere else.

I was also happy to see that just because Carnivale was over for the year didn't mean that there were no masks to been seen and bought. All shops were about either masks or Venetian glass or both. It would be easy to spend thousands here if you had it.

2 Comments:

  • Haha! That last photo's flippin' brilliant! I love it.

    By Blogger BEVIS, at 6:49 pm  

  • Hi N & A
    So sorry to read about your Grandmother - our sincerest sympathies and enjoy time with dad.
    N - the Muso in the last photo looks so much like Harry (Art/Wood) teacher! Vacation here - boss now in Greece on LSL. Narelle taking job in Somerset 5 wks before last 2 & half mths travel - then home. Love to you both. Rita

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:26 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home