Trip Of A Lifetime

Friday, June 23, 2006

Patron Saint Of Animals

Assisi would have to be one of our favourite sopts in Italy. It's the final resting place of St Francis of Assisi and it has to be one of the most peaceful places that I've had the pleasure of visiting.

One bad thing about Assisi is that it's a hilltop town. That means that everything is on hills. I think I burned off about a quarter of my bum in this town alone! Luckily the delcious Italian food ha brought it all back. (Bugger!)

I had to sit down and rest for a quick moment!

This fabulous picture was taken from the balcony of our hotel room. Behind Adie is the courtyard and Basilica of the Franciscan monks. To Adie's right, we had views of rolling green hills and farmhouses. All simply stunning. I would recommend it.

I will do more over the weekend now that I've found a place that works. (Yes, there are still more photos of Italy!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home