Trip Of A Lifetime

Thursday, October 19, 2006

So What'[s Been Happening Lately?

The short answer to that is... not all that much. Adie is working back at his old job. They asked him to apply for a full time position for the next twelve months and he was totally chuffed, but he decided that he already missed family and friends too much to be away for another whole year.

I've been a bit of a lady of leisure and I'm starting to feel a bit guilty about that. There's not much work for me so I often find myself at home doing things like reading, watching movies and the cooking channel or answering emails. I find it strange that now that I suddenly find that I have the time to do the simple things, I feel bad about it and like I'm wasting time. I would rather have this free time at home though where there are a million and one things to do!

Actually, I think it's also because we've been doing so much over the past ten months or so that I actually got quite used to getting out there and doing things instead of sitting around watching dvds and reading. That and everyone else in this house has things to do.

Tomorrow night we're going to see 'Wicked'. That should be quite good. I have to pick up our Chinese visas in the morning. After spending three hours in a queue to pick them up, I hope I don't have to relive that experience tomorrow! Then I'll have an afternoon in London. I might finally make it to the Tate Modern, a place I've been meaning to visit for about eight months!

On Monday I'm flying off to Germany for a couple of days, then flying back into Heathrow where I'll meet up with Adie and we'll both fly to Switzerland for the weekend to see a friend. Once we're back from that trip, we'll only have another five days in England before we leave for China. I really cannot get over how quickly times flies.

Well, I'd better be off. I recieved two letter today from fabulous friends back home and I must reply immediately... it's great to have a purpose!

3 Comments:

  • It won't be good, it'll be WICKED!!! :)

    Say hello to Idina and Adam for me.

    Take some pictures of you out the front of the theatre with the big green display above you!!!

    Oh, and if you're feeling emotional you may need a couple of tissues - I got a bit teary during "For Good". But I'm a sucker for that sort of thing, really.

    I've got the book and it's quite different although reading it meant that I had some explanation of some of the symbolism like the big dragon hanging over the top of the stage - something else is in control of Elphaba's fate.

    Make sure you pay attention to Glinda's introduction to the story (even if you've heard the soundtrack) as it helps to explain a few things that are revealed later on.

    I'll lend you the book when you get back - maybe we can get that book club happening in 2007???

    By Blogger Riss, at 11:02 pm  

  • Hope it continues to go well guys, sounds like it is. Best wishes, Skerminator.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:40 am  

  • FIYERO!!!!!!

    Elica-namen-atu-matu-elica-namen...

    Sorry, got a bit excited there. Did you like it? Did your cousin like it? Did Adie go too? Did he like it?

    Did you like Galinda/Glinda's lines? What did you think of the "Wonderful Wizard"? Dr Dillamond? Boq? Chistery? How was Idina? Was she amazing??

    I want to see it again! I wonder if Idina would play Elphaba if the show was to come to Australia (Oz)...

    Boo leaves London on Tuesday to do further travelling which means we probably won't have as much contact with her for a while.
    :( I'm hanging out for Feb when she comes home and I can give her a big hug.

    Same goes for you two of course; big hugs all round!!

    By Blogger Riss, at 11:59 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home