Trip Of A Lifetime

Sunday, November 19, 2006

Flying Air China

We're currently in Kunming and are still unable to post photos. Sorry. We can continue to let you know what we're getting up to though.

We're still seeing heaps. Today it was the Stone Forest in the Yunan Province. This place is really beautiful with all of these magnificent grey rocks jutting out of the earth.

The food here is still Chinese for every lunch and dinner and for half of our breakfasts. Adie was having a little complain lsat night about wanting anything but Chinese, but I still like it. Last night we had the local dish of 'Over the Bridge Noodles'. We were given a plate of extremely thinly sliced meat, a plate of veg, a bowl of rice noodles and a piping hot (almost boiling!) bowl of soup. It was delicious... and I'm proud to say I'm eating everything with chopsticks!

We had our first internal flight from Chongqing to Kunming yesterday and it all went fine. Some of our group members were a little nervous having never heard of Sichuan Airlines, but it was like any other plane and any other flight. It's actually quite breezy to fly in a group. Someone else dealt with our luggage and we didn't need to be at the airport until 45 minutes before our flight, just enough time to go through security and then get on the plane... where we were stared at once again.

Tomorrow we fly again to Guilin. It's a longer flight, but I have my iPod to keep me company... they don't seat couples together, it's all done aphabetically by first name!

Will write again once we're in Shanghai. Keep looking after yourselves and I'll see you all soon!

2 Comments:

  • The first MTC show is between Boxing Day and New Year. I think it's December 27th that we're going but will confirm tomorrow via email. Of course, because I got my ticket last year we're not sitting together but I'm sure we're going to be able to either deal with that or sort something else out once you're back.

    I can't believe it's so soon!! :*

    By Blogger Riss, at 10:49 am  

  • N - are you able to contact me - email, phone, text whatever - re an interview set up at work.
    Thanks heaps Rita

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:05 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home