Trip Of A Lifetime

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

The Countdown Is On

Well, it's been on for a couple of days now. Term break is almost here! That means no classes for two weeks, travelling again and a chance to see some family while doing so.

School for me is going okay. I've found out that I'll be welcome back next term on the same timetable so at least I know what to expect. Adie, on the other hand, isn't quite sure what next term will hold for him. The job at the Transport Museum has ended and, while there may be the occaisional day of work when they are overwhelmed, he's had to hand back the laptop and puffa jacket.

There's no worry that there will be work, but Adie likes to know things in advance. (Fair enough, so do I!) He's going to keep his ear to the ground about any jobs that seem interesting but until then he's happy that there will be day to day supply.

Friday will be a short day here at school. Adie always finishes early though so it's not special for him. As soon as the last assembly finishes I'm running for the train home to pick up my bags and get to the airport. We fly out at some ridiculously early hour on Saturday morning so we're staying at a hotel near Stansted. Hotels are good because the matresses aren't lumpy and they often have a bath!

From there we fly to Germany to see my Tante Namesake before starting our tour in Frankfurt. I'm excited about going back t Germany now that I'm old enough to appreciate it. At some point we'll also be catching up with my dad in Munich so that we can... well, catch up... and hopefully see my 99 year old Oma.

Not sure if we'll be able to get onto the Internet during the tour, so I may not post for a couple of weeks. If this happens do not panic, fret or mault. I'll be back with ridiculously large posts when I'm in London again.

1 Comments:

  • Great to hear of the chockie delights - with our gorgeous weather we were due for some serious 'green with envy' tales from the northern hemisphere!! Give Tante Namesake a big, big hug from us. All our love and best wishes for the trip, Love The surfer, the fat chick and the kinder kid.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:36 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home