Trip Of A Lifetime

Monday, March 13, 2006

Our House... Is A Very, Very, Very Small House

Adie and I decided that you all might be interested in seeing our current accomodation. It's quite cosy and it costs us approximately £780 per month, not including electricity. Ahh, London.

We are lucky to have a flat at the front because of the huge windows. It's even luckier that we're on the side we are because it's like a picture window with three parts to it, the flat on the other side only has the one window. Here you can see our kitchen. It has all the mod cons. A stove, oven and bar fridge. We also have a kettle and toaster. Off to the left you can see into our bathroom. All you can really see is the shower. There is also a toilet and sink in there, along with a medicine cabinet and shelf.
This final shot shows a little more of the lounge room and bedroom... oh, and the dining area (that would be the table you see nest to the TV. We've converted our wardrobes into an office as well by using the doors to display important information.

Yes I talk about it like I hate it, but I don't. Not really. Although I have been known to yell at the kitchen. It's a place to live and it's ours until July when we get on the road again. I must say though, it's really, really helping me to appreciate what I have at home!

5 Comments:

  • Hello there strangers, I've just spent the last couple of hours catching up on all your adventures since December. I love hearing all about what you're up to. It feels strange to think that I read it all and feel like I have just seen you, and you haven't heard from me in months, if that makes sense?! Now I should probably email, don't know much about blogging etiquette, but I thought I'd give you a brief update. Life's good. Miss you guys. Now, I'm heading over to your neck of the woods, but I'm a bit worried we'll be ships passing in the night. Sounds like you may have travel plans when I'm there. I'm heading to London for the last couple of weeks of August til around the 20th of September. I plan to hang in London, then go to Italy, Possibly the Greek Islands and then another week or so in London. No definite dates yet, but that's the general idea. I hope very much to come and play with you guys, so let me know if you'll be around. Glad its all going well. Talk to you soon! I also have a good phone card, so if you have a number I can call you on, let me know too!
    al

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:47 am  

  • It all sounds fantastic anonymous, but I really am not 100% sure about who you are. Either send an email to clarify or give us some clues as to your identity so we can work it out!
    Noshie

    By Blogger noshie, at 1:14 pm  

  • Ok, ok... I get a little preoccupied when at work and don't always notice the two little letters at the bottom of posts. So, Al, I'll check our dates and then get back to you.
    Noshie

    By Blogger noshie, at 1:30 pm  

  • (A capital letter on her name wouldn't go astray either, of course. Plus, if Al had selected 'Other', she could have put her name at the top to make it even clearer for you. But she's a simple one, our Al. Hehe ... I'm going to pay for this ...)

    And 780 pounds per month? Isn't that something like 149 million Australian dollars??

    By Blogger BEVIS, at 2:09 pm  

  • Actually Bevis, when the conversions are done it works out to approximately 143 million* Australian dollars.
    Noshie

    *The actual amount in reality is 1,900.28 Australian dollars. Ouch! I'd never taken the time to do that before.

    By Blogger noshie, at 1:34 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home