Trip Of A Lifetime

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

St. Patrick's Day In London

St. Patrick's Day is this Friday apparently, but perhaps to cash in on a couple of extra days, London held a big parade and festival in it's city this past weekend. While I did not check it out myself, Adie most certainly did. He spent an exciting afternoon watching people walk past him in costume down the street, listening to traditional Irish music and eating too much fudge.

Now while most people think of shamrocks:


Leprechauns:


and Guinness:


London decided the best way to celebrate this event was to dye their fountains green. Oh well, they have been talking about water restrictions over here lately. Anyhoo... should you have any questions about Adie's actual experience you will have to email him as I was not there to get the first hand knowledge.

As for the actual St. Patrick's Day? Well, apparently the strip of shops just at the end of our street is where they hold some really fab Irish stuff. We won't be indulgin however because we have Eurostar tickets to Brussels that leave that night. Oh well, at least Adie got to do something, even if it was a week early.

2 Comments:

  • Happy St Patrick's Day! Apparently Melbourne is overrun by the Irish who are out here for the Commonwealth Games so it promises to be a good evening for the drinkers of green beer.

    We're just going to have Fish and Chips and an early night so that we can drive up to the airport to say goodbye to my baby sister tomorrow morning.

    I'll write again soon.

    Love, Riss.

    By Blogger Riss, at 11:18 am  

  • Happy St Patrick's Day to you both. And happy 33rd wedding anniversary to my parents. (Does it count if I wish them a happy anniversary here, so that I don't have to call them or send them anything or indeed put something up on my own blog about it?)

    No, I didn't think so either.

    By Blogger BEVIS, at 2:13 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home