Trip Of A Lifetime

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Happy Borthday To Me!

Well it was my birthday yesterday and I'd like to say a special thank you to all of those fabulous people who sent me a text or card. It's nice to hear from people on your birthday.

It was actually quite a strange experience to be in another country for your birthday. It was also strange to be working on my birthday as I usually have it during school holidays. This was expecially odd when the students I'm teaching for this week only decided to bring me in cards and chocolate. I say don't look a gift horse in the mouth... even one that never shuts up.

Seriously though, I'm so used to surrounding myself with the people I love on my birthday that it was a bizarre reality to not have everyone within easy reach. Admittedly, I did spent the whole week leading up to my birthday on a huge high. It was just the morning of my birthday itself that things felt weird. I shook it off though when I allowed myself to remember some of the more memorable events from past birthdays. (Pajama parties, the potato salad series etc)

After the day at work I was lucky enough to come home to a beautiful stir fry cooked by Chip and Dale which was followed by a chocolate cake with strawberries! Yummo! Adie has been looking after me all week and letting me behav like an absolute spoilt brat. Lovely!

This lack of a party though must change and with my turning 30 next year it's going to have to be a big one. I think Adie might have mentioned that I've started compliling lists and ideas. Hehehe. I can't wait!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home